Love INC connects churches & community agencies with people in need, always loving them in Jesus’ name.
Love INC fosters relationships through:
- a strength-based development approach
- raising community awareness of the value of caring for the disadvantaged
- introducing people with needs to the church and community
- providing resources for churches to effectively and compassionately respond to people in need
- providing specific opportunities for people to live out their faith
- connecting like-minded people to create strategies to resolve the complex issues related to poverty
What we don’t do:
- We don’t provide immediate cash assistance that does not improve the underlying issues of those we serve.
- We don’t provide financial assistance without the creation of a relationship and the verification of need.
Q. Why do communities need Love INC?
A: Private and government agencies provide many services, but they can’t meet today’s growing demand of needs or respond fully to the complex issues of poverty. Love INC’s network of resources, skills, and volunteers helps close the gaps. Love INC’s relational model, which includes life skills instruction, friendship, and coaching seeks to promote independence from the cash assistance programs that are so costly to communities.
Q. Why do churches need Love INC?
A: Jesus told His followers to love one another. Love INC helps churches turn that love into action in strategic ways that are matched with identified needs in Columbia. Every church and individual is encouraged to contribute to programs that best suits their gifts, talents, and time. When we are able to make changes in our community, we are changed in the process as well. Time and again, Love INC volunteers tell how this type of service to others enriches and changes their lives.
Q. Why does Love INC work?
A: There’s an army of volunteers in Columbia churches who are ready, willing, and able to build relationships with those in need. Love INC gives volunteers safe, manageable, and specific opportunities to put their Christian faith and love to work.
Q. Can churches with differing doctrines participate?
A: Yes! As a matter of fact, Love INC currently has more than 60 Christian denominations participating nationwide. Do you believe God is calling your church to minister to those in need in Clumbia? Are there people in your congregation who want to be involved in ministry? Churches that answer “Yes” to these basic questions share common ground and that’s enough to begin a successful collaboration.
Q. How are donated funds used by Love INC?
A. The majority of Love INC funds are used to operate our programs, including the Clearinghouse, Life Coaching, Budget Counseling, Job Search Assistance, Living Large, and The Love Seat Furniture Ministry. In 2016 Love INC spent $45,000 in direct cash assistance for persons participating in our programs. Approximately 16% of Love INC’s budget goes toward administrative support.