Volunteering at Love INC
Volunteer for one or more 2-4 hour shifts per week to work with triage team to prayerfully resource needs through churches/community agencies
Be on call to meet immediate needs (transportation, donation delivery)
Make home visits (with 1-2 others) to better assess situations, offer prayer/support, extend friendship
Assist with various office tasks or projects
The Love Seat Furniture/Clothing Bank and Resale Store
19 Business Loop 70 East, Columbia, MO 65203 Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Pick up and deliver donated furniture (individually or with group)
- Sort and clean donated items (2 – 3 hour shifts)
- Volunteer in the resale store (2 – 3 hour shifts)
- Repair donated items (furniture, bicycles, appliances)
Extra Mile Extended Coaching (sixteen-week program focusing on financial management, goal setting and relationship building)
- Be a personal coach to one individual (training & support provided)
- Form or join a support team for a participant (church small groups are ideal with one member as coach)
Side by Side Focused Coaching
Training provided to become a coach in the following areas:
- Life Purpose (self-assessment, goal setting and spiritual encouragement)
- Money Management( basic finances for individuals or couples)
- Job Search (encouragement, help with leads, applications, resume)
- Housing Search (tenant excellence, enhancement of renter’s resume)
- Adult Tutoring (GED preparation, college course support; one or more subjects)
Connection to Special Populations
- Befriend a refugee or immigrant family who are transitioning to the community or struggling to get acclimated
- Come alongside one or more ex-offenders transitioning back into the community to help them get established and find a church home
- Be a part of a support network for a single parent, homebound or disabled individual
- Assist with home repairs/maintenance, organization and yard work
Communication and Events
- Church liaison (serve as communication link to your church)
- Help communicate with partner churches and the community (writing, photography, video) to tell “love stories” of lives touched and raise community awareness about local poverty/unmet needs
- Assist with one or more events (volunteer appreciation, pastor gatherings, presentations, fundraisers).
Start a Church Gap Ministry
Love INC has identified a number of gaps in local services and would be happy to help your group find a strategic way to help most efficiently. Examples of gap ministries include: tots clothing closet, baby equipment closet, hygiene products closet, bunk-bed frame ministry, job club, laundry love ministry, sewing center and The Caring People, single mom support groups.
Host a Drive
- Collect items for the Love Seat
- Collect items to be used as rewards for those participating in Love INC programs (diapers, cleaning and hygiene supplies)
- Collect items for holiday food baskets or birthday party boxes to give to families who cannot afford such extras
- Prepare “Soup in a Jar” premade meals for emergency food distribution or to support an overworked single parent! “Soup In a Jar” recipes can be found at: http://www.recipegoldmine.com/foodgiftsoup/giftsoup.html, http://allrecipes.comrecipe/friendship-soup-mix-in-a-jar
Small Group and Youth Volunteer Ideas
Ask to see our list of possibilities. There are many ways for your group to get involved with Love INC ministries.
We want to find the right match with your interests, talents and time. Contact us at 573.256-7662 Ext 21 or email@example.com or learn more at www.columbialoveinc.org. Volunteer application required and volunteer training is available for all positions.